1. Is the program accredited? And for how many hours?
- Yes. Coach School’s Certified Professional Coach Program is accredited with ICF for 82 hours of Approved Coach Specific Training Hours which means that graduates may apply for ICF credentialing through the ACSTH Path. This means that graduates of our program do not need to undertake any further study in order to gain their ICF credential.
2. How is the training delivered?
- Training is delivered online via your own personal learning portal. Each module provides training on a coach specific topic or skill as well as a number of exercises for you to complete (and then use with your coaching clients.)
- Submit your coursework and get personalised and individual feedback from your trainer to deepen your learning.
- Fortnightly live calls are provided for mentoring, support, and additional learning.
- Additional support is given in the Private Facebook Group
- Twelve 30 minute 1:1 sessions are included in your training for any aspect of coaching, or your coaching business
- Students can be based anywhere in the world and can access the training provided they have an internet connection.
3. How big are the class sizes? What level of attention will I get?
- Coach School is designed to be far more boutique than bootcamp, and operates as more of a mentorship than a course. Every student receives 6 months of one-to-one mentoring, and they have access to the other students going through Coach School. Our students say that they often feel like the only student because of the level of attention they get. It is a truly intimate experience.
- As well as 12 one-to-one mentoring sessions over the first 12 months, each student will receive comprehensive feedback on their coursework as well as having their questions answered directly on the live calls and in our closed FB Group.
- Students also receive individual guidance and feedback on their coaching skills from their trainer.
- Students will also receive guidance on how to set up their coaching business, tailored to their coaching vision. This would not be possible in a large, class environment.
4. What is the curriculum?
5. What experience do the trainers have? Does the provider help you with the business end of coaching? To what degree
- Coach School’s lead trainer, Lorraine Hamilton, has over 14 years of experience of coaching in life, business, health and corporate arenas and has built a successful global practice from the ground up.
- In addition to the skills that you will learn in the Certified Professional Coach program, students will also learn how to attract their ideal clients, and how to deal with their own mindset challenges when promoting their coaching practice. Lorraine is uniquely positioned to be able to share real world coaching business experience alongside the teaching of coaching skills.
- In addition, there are two more trainers and coach mentors that have a similar number of years’ experience in coaching. All are practising coaches that have built successful coaching businesses.
- Our students are invited to regular Guest Expert sessions on other aspects of running a successful coaching business such as Digital Strategy, Course Creation, Profit Streams, Branding and Website Design and Systems. These sessions are recorded and are available for our students to refer back to.
- Lorraine is constantly looking for opportunities for the students of Coach School and has made personal introductions between students and paying clients. We don’t know any other school that actively does this.
6. What practical 1:1 feedback will I get on my coaching skills?
- Each student will have two of their coaching sessions reviewed and assessed by our ICF mentor to see their growing skillset. They will also listen and review a small group of their fellow students’ sessions as part of an intimate mentoring program which is included in the Certified Professional Coach program.
7. Can you get support after the training is complete?
- Students can continue attending the fortnightly Office Hours calls for as long as they need to.
- There are a number of ways to continue your support once you graduate from Coach School, from the free Facebook Group, to ongoing 1:1 mentoring. Lorraine is always adding value to students, and they will get lifetime access to Coach School offerings including the Guest Expert Vault to support and continue to grow in both their skills, and their business.
8. What is involved in achieving certification?
- Completion of course exercises
- Real world case study
- 100 hrs of coaching recorded in coaching log
- 2 assessed coaching calls
- 10 hrs of mentor coaching
9. How much does it cost?
- What is the total cost of the course and options for payment? – $8,000 USD (credentialing is extra and payable directly to ICF)
- Do you need to pay extra for assessments? – No
- Is there a payment plan available? And is there a surcharge for paying by instalment? – Yes you select a 6 or 12 month payment plan (there is a small admin fee associated with the payment plan)
- Are there necessary textbooks or course materials that are not covered in the advertised cost? – No
- Discounted option – start your training for only $540 USD per month for 12 months. Instead of receiving 12 one-to-one sessions, you will receive six sessions in the first year. Please discuss this option during your interview with Lorraine.
10. Is there a refund policy?
- Coach School is not a marketing machine. We have no desire to lock students into something that is not a great fit.
- It does not serve you, nor the coaching industry and our vision for Coach School.
- That is why we offer a 14 day Money Back Guarantee, from your enrolment date.
- You will receive the first 4 modules of content, plus be able to attend live calls to ensure that Coach School is right for you.
- (Refund requests will be subject to a $200 USD admin fee. Please make your selection carefully, or schedule a call to have your concerns addressed BEFORE signing up )
Learn More About Life Coaching In Our Video Series
- The 3 counterintuitive MISTAKES that service providers make
- The SECRET to becoming an Influencer in your industry and making a greater Impact with your clients
- How to use the COACH Framework to get massive results with your clients